Information We Collect
We collect the following information from visitors to our web site:
- If you use our Contact form to contact us, we require you to provide your name and email address, in order to enable us to properly respond to your inquiry.
- If you sign up to receive the Sifferman Technology Newsletter, we require you to provide your email address, in order to enable us to email our Newsletter to you. You may also voluntarily provide your name on our Newsletter sign-up form.
- If you submit a comment to the Sounder Geek blog, we require your name and email address, in order to ensure that you are not a robot or a spammer, and in order to be able to properly attribute the information and/or opinions you submit. We also allow you to voluntarily provide the address of a web site to be associated with the name and email address you provide when submitting comments.
- From time to time we may request information via a survey. If you choose to participate in one of our surveys, you may voluntarily disclose the information being collected in the survey. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and email address), and demographic information (such as country, zip code, age level, and gender).
How We Use Your Information
We do not, and will not, sell or rent the information we collect to anyone. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our company, other than for the purposes described below.
We use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your requests.
- To send you our email Newsletter, if you have subscribed, in order to inform you about the progress of products being developed at Sifferman Technology, or other news we believe you may be interested in.
- If you voluntarily comment on a blog post on this site, we publish your comment publicly, along with the name you provide when submitting your comment.
If you provide the address of a web site with your comment, we provide a link to that web site when a reader of your comment clicks on your name.
We do not publish the email address you provide with blog post comments. If we wish to contact you privately regarding your blog post, we will do so using the email address you provided.
- If you respond to one of our voluntary surveys, we use this information in the aggregate to monitor and/or improve the use and satisfaction of this site, and/or of products being developed by Sifferman Technology. If you have provided your contact information in any of our surveys, we may use this information to contact you regarding your answers to our survey questions, or because we believe you may be interested in a product or feature under development at Sifferman Technology.
- If cookies are enabled in your browser, we use the information provided by cookies to personalize your experience while you are on our site, and for web site usage statistics.
Collection of Anonymous Information
Google Analytics does not provide any personally identifiable information about you to Sifferman Technology. We will never use Google’s analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information about you. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifiable information from any source, unless you expressly submit that information via a fill-in form on our web site.
Third-Party Content and Social Media
Embedded content on this web site from other providers may track your interaction with our content. For example, if we embed a video from YouTube into a page or a post on our site, Google will track your interaction with that video. Similarly a click on a social “share” button may result in a third party tracking that activity – such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc. To disable this third-party tracking, you can set your browser to always block third-party cookies. Doing so might still allow the content to work, but no visitor data will be sent to a third party.
Security of Your Information
The information we collect is stored on password-protected computers/servers. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in secure locations.
You should be aware that any information you voluntarily send to us over the internet, whether by email, or by using a form on our site, may be intercepted by third parties en route, and for this reason is insecure. Therefore, you should assume that any information you send us via these methods is non-proprietary and non-confidential.
Because the blog on this web site is a public blog, if you comment on a blog post, the information you provide with your comment (including your name and web site address, but not your email address) can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge. This may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of Sifferman Technology and this policy.
- You may choose to disable third-party cookies, or all cookies, in your web browser.
- You may choose to do any of the following at any time, by contacting us:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change or correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you, including comments to blog posts.
- Unsubscribe from our Newsletter.
- Your use of Sifferman Technology’s web site is voluntary. You may choose whether to comment on a blog post, whether to subscribe to our newsletter, or whether to participate in one of our surveys. You may choose to visit, or not to visit, this web site.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we know are under 13 years old, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How to Contact Us
- would like to learn what information we have about you, if any
- want to change or correct any information we have about you
- want us to delete any data we have about you
- wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter
- wish to contact us for any other reason
simply use our Contact form, or email andy @ siffermantechnology.com, and we will respond to your request at our earliest opportunity.